Interlochen Arts Academy is welcoming applications for the 2016-17 school year. If you have questions, please contact the Office of Admission and Financial Aid at 231.276.7372 or email@example.com. Submission of all materials is required through our online application portal. Applicants are encouraged to submit the application by the posted deadlines.
1) Application for Admission. Go to the online application portal. The online application includes submission of the following:
- $60 non-refundable application fee ($100 for international applicants).
- Current school transcripts covering the last three years. (International students must provide a translated transcript.)
- Essay. Instructions can be found on the online portal.
- Online recommendation of school principal/head or guidance counselor. For students with a non-traditional school background, please submit an additional recommendation from an adult non-family member in lieu of the principal or guidance counselor. This recommendation should speak to the student's citizenship qualities.
- Online recommendation of an adult, non-family member.
- OPTIONAL results of standardized testing, e.g. PSAT, SAT, SSAT, SLEP, TOEFL, state or district tests, etc.
2) Audition or portfolio. Please follow this link for audition/portfolio requirements and instructions.
3) Application for Financial Aid. Follow this link for detailed financial aid information and instructions.
Decision Period and Deadlines
Admission and financial aid decisions are issued simultaneously. If you are applying for financial aid, the application for financial aid must be submitted concurrently with the application for admission. See our financial aid page for details.
Early Decision Timeline:
- Early Decision Admission and Financial Aid Application Deadline: December 1, 2015
- Early Decisions Sent: December 18, 2015
- Early Decision Reply Date: January 15, 2016
Regular Decision Timeline:
- Regular Decision Admission and Financial Aid Application Deadline: March 1, 2016
- Regular Decisions Sent: March 30, 2016
- Regular Decision Reply Date: May 1, 2016
- Applications received after decision deadlines will be reviewed on a rolling basis as space and funding permits.
Please contact the Office of Admission and Financial Aid at 231.276.7372 or firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.