Interlochen Arts Academy is no longer accepting applications for the Fall of 2015. If you have questions, please contact the Admissions Department by calling 231.276.7472. A link to the Fall 2016 application will be available October 1, 2015. Online submission is required and you are encouraged to submit the application well before the priority application deadline of December 1, 2015.
1) Application for Admission. The online application includes submission of the following:
- $60 non-refundable application fee ($100 for international applicants).
- Current school transcripts covering the last three years. (International students must provide a translated transcript.)
- Essay. Essay should be approximately 500 words long.
- Online recommendation of school principal/head or guidance counselor. For students with a non-traditional school background, please submit an additional recommendation from an adult non-family member in lieu of the principal or guidance counselor. This recommendation should speak to the student's citizenship qualities.
- Online recommendation of an adult, non-family member.
- OPTIONAL results of standardized testing, e.g. PSAT, SAT, SSAT, SLEP, TOEFL, state or district tests, etc.
2) Audition or portfolio. Please follow this link for audition/portfolio requirements and instructions.
3) Application for Financial Aid. If you are applying for financial aid, a completed FAST application for Financial Aid and Federal Income Tax Return must be submitted concurrently with your application for admission. Follow this link for detailed financial aid information and instructions.
Decision Period and Deadlines
Admission and financial aid decisions are issued simultaneously. If you are applying for financial aid, the application for financial aid must be submitted concurrently with the application for admission. See our financial aid page for details.
A link to the Fall 2016 application will be available October 1, 2015.
Please contact the Office of Admission at 231.276.7472 or firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.