Affording Interlochen Arts Academy
All families who feel the cost of attendance may be prohibitive are encouraged to apply for financial aid. Interlochen provided more than $10 million in financial aid to help eligible young artists attend the 2017-18 school year. All available funding is used to make sure every admitted student has a chance to attend the Arts Academy.
Financial Aid Process
- Start the Online Application for Admission and indicate "yes" to applying for need-based financial aid.
- Start and submit the FAST Application for Financial Aid.
Interlochen Arts Academy partners with Financial Aid and School Tuition (FAST) to process financial aid requests. To get started, click the FAST icon to the right. There is a $43 fee to process the application. Fee waivers/vouchers are not available.
- Complete 2016 and 2017 federal income tax return.
Options for submitting documents to FAST:
- Mail hardcopies. This is the best and easiest way to submit your documents. Please be sure to plan ahead so your documents are received by FAST ahead of any deadlines. Independent School Management, ATTN: FAST Processing Center, 1316 North Union Street, Wilmington, DE 19806
- Scan documents. FAST will accept documents scanned into their system using a tool within the application.
- Please note FAST does not accept documents via email, fax, or file upload.
Please submit your 2016 taxes by February 1, 2018 and your 2017 taxes by March 1, 2018.
- Instead of tax returns, families from outside the United States or Canada must submit an official letter, in English, from the employer of each parent/guardian that verifies employment, current salary, and other compensation.
Special Instructions for Returning Students
Please submit the FAST application along with the required 2016 taxes (U.S. Residents) or employment verification (International) by February 1, 2018 deadline. Your 2017 taxes must be submitted no later than March 1, 2018.
Guidance for Decision Periods
- Early Decision: Please submit the FAST application along with the required 2016 taxes by November 15, 2017 deadline.
- Regular Decision: Please submit the FAST application along with the required 2016 taxes by February 1, 2018 deadline. Your 2017 taxes must be submitted no later than March 1, 2018.
- Spring Decision: If applicable space and funding remains, we will be considering applications. Please submit the FAST application, 2016 and 2017 taxes by May 1, 2018.
Financial Aid Policy
In order to be considered for financial aid, families must submit a FAST application and tax returns by the stated deadlines.
All parents/guardians must participate in the financial aid process. Admission to Interlochen Arts Academy is competitive, and consequently, merit-based scholarships are not offered.
The FAST application is now open. If you are applying for financial aid, the application for financial aid must be submitted concurrently with the application for admission as the admission notification and the financial aid package are issued at the same time. Please see the How to Apply page for decision periods and deadlines.
Tuition and Post-Enrollment Payment Options
Please see our Tuition and Payment Options page for more details.
- FAST Worksheet
Use this worksheet as a guide when gathering financial information as it contains a listing of the questions asked by FAST.
- FAST Family User Guide
- FAST Help Center and Frequently Asked Questions
Additional Sources of Funding
Outside of Interlochen's financial aid budget, scholarship opportunities are very rare for secondary education. Many families have found success with various fundraising efforts within their local community and family/friends, through various social media/crowdfunding sites, or securing a private loan. Please note that Interlochen does not offer private tuition loans.
Additional questions or concerns may be directed to our Financial Aid Counselor: email@example.com