How to Apply for Financial Aid
Interlochen uses Tuition Aid Data Services (TADS) to process financial aid applications. Families from the US and Canada who are seeking need-based financial aid must submit the following documents to TADS. (Other international students: click here for special instructions)
- TADS application for financial aid.
- Complete 2013 federal income tax return including all W-2s and/or 1099s.
- Special Circumstances Letter (Optional). Families may choose to submit a letter that details any individual circumstances or expenses.
Please follow the link below to begin the TADS application process. (Please note: you may begin the application at any time, however, your application will not be eligible for review by the Financial Aid Committee until your 2013 federal income tax return has been submitted and your child has been accepted for admission.)
TADS will provide document submission instructions at the end of the online application. Please do not send any financial aid application materials or tax documentation to Interlochen.
Interlochen recognizes that enrollment at an independent school is a choice, and that each family bears the primary responsibility for financing their children's education costs to the extent they are able. Please be aware of the following financial aid policies:
- Interlochen expects each parent in a family to work if home and health situations permit employment. If a parent is not working, it is important for the family to provide an explanation. Interlochen reserves the right to impute an income for a non-working parent when determining aid eligibility.
- The financial aid committee considers the resources of both biological parents, if living, before making an award. The committee is not bound by the assertion, if it is made, that one parent is not responsible for educational expenses nor is it bound by court orders or divorce decrees.
- In a divorced or separated family, a separate financial aid application must be submitted for each household including stepparents if either natural parent is remarried. Interlochen will consider the obligations of remarried parents and stepparents to their new households.
The financial aid committee will meet on a monthly basis while funding remains. Please see the committee schedule below and the dates by which a complete application for financial aid must be submitted in order to be reviewed by the committee.
|Complete financial aid application due||Financial Aid Committee meeting||Decision emailed by|
|February 21, 2014||March 10, 2014||March 14, 2014|
|March 21, 2014||April 7, 2014||April 11, 2014|
|April 18, 2014||May 5, 2014||May 9, 2014|
|May 28, 2014||June 13, 2014||June 18, 2014|
|June 27, 2014||July 14, 2014||July 18, 2014|
After July 14, 2014, the financial aid committee will meet on a weekly basis until the Arts Academy is full and/or all available funding has been exhausted.
Please do not hesitate to contact the financial aid office at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.