How to Apply for Financial Aid
Interlochen uses Tuition Aid Data Services (TADS) to process financial aid applications. Families from the US and Canada who are seeking need-based financial aid must submit the following documents to TADS. (Other international students: click here for special instructions)
- TADS application for financial aid.
- Complete 2013 federal income tax return including all W-2s and/or 1099s.
- Special Circumstances Letter (Optional). Families may choose to submit a letter that details any individual circumstances or expenses.
Please follow the link below to begin the TADS application process. (Please note: you may begin the application at any time, however, your application will not be eligible for review by the Financial Aid Committee until your 2013 federal income tax return has been submitted and your child has been accepted for admission.)
TADS will provide document submission instructions at the end of the online application. Please do not send any financial aid application materials or tax documentation to Interlochen.
Interlochen recognizes that enrollment at an independent school is a choice, and that each family bears the primary responsibility for financing their children's education costs to the extent they are able. Please be aware of the following financial aid policies:
- Interlochen expects each parent in a family to work if home and health situations permit employment. If a parent is not working, it is important for the family to provide an explanation. Interlochen reserves the right to impute an income for a non-working parent when determining aid eligibility.
- The financial aid committee considers the resources of both biological parents, if living, before making an award. The committee is not bound by the assertion, if it is made, that one parent is not responsible for educational expenses nor is it bound by court orders or divorce decrees.
- In a divorced or separated family, a separate financial aid application must be submitted for each household including stepparents if either natural parent is remarried. Interlochen will consider the obligations of remarried parents and stepparents to their new households.
The financial aid committee will meet on a weekly basis throughout the summer until full enrollment is reached or all available funding is depleted. Please expect a processing time of at least two weeks from the date you submit all the required materials. The financial aid committee will review only students who have been accepted for admission.
Please do not hesitate to contact the financial aid office at email@example.com if you have any questions.