Visit the Bonisteel Library online at http://library.interlochen.org/ to search the collection, ask a librarian a question and learn how to use the library's many services.
The Bonisteel Library provides an environment which supports students’ pursuits in their individual art and academic disciplines. Through online and print resources, the library provides both a foundation for discovery as well as a place where students can collaboratively expand their circle of knowledge.
- The library is open for a total of 71 hours per week
- The library is committed to teaching information seeking skills. These skills are taught in collaboration with academics and arts teachers as well as through individual interactions with students.
- The library space is used often by students for individual and group work:
- Dozen computers designated for student use as well as wireless access
- 8 group/individual study rooms
- Listening center
Seabury Academic Library
The Seabury Academic Library is located in the upper level of the Bonisteel Library. Dedicated to serving the ICA community, it maintains a large, dynamic collection supporting the arts and academic disciplines.
- The physical collection has over 28,000 unique titles.
- The library maintains subscriptions to many high quality databases such as Project Muse, Jstor, ARTstor, Oxford Art, Academic OneFile, World News Digest which give users access to thousands of magazines, journals and newspapers.
- Print subscriptions to over 80 magazines, journals and newspapers including Variety, New Yorker, Natural History, Sculpture and many more
- Academic library personnel directory
Fennell Music Library
The Frederick and Elizabeth Ludwig Fennell Music Library is located on the lower level of the Bonisteel Library. The library houses one of the most unique and largest performing ensemble collections in the world.
- Holds over 100,000 items in its collection of scores, performance materials and sound recordings, over 5,000 of which are circulating compact discs.
- Subscribes to current musical periodicals such as the International Musician and Flute Talk can be perused in the lobby.
- Maintains electronic subscriptions to both Naxos, a comprehensive collection of streamed music, and Oxford Music Online.
- Music library personnel directory