How to Apply
- Complete the online application
- Submit the materials listed below to https://app.decisiondesk.com/clients/interlochenarts/apply
Submit both of the following:
- Personal essay detailing your interest in filmmaking and what inspired you to apply to Interlochen. Tell us your story.
A list of experiences directly or indirectly related to film. If you have a background in other disciplines or arts, please explain why you consider these related experiences important to your interest in film.
Submit one of the following:
- A sample screenplay or stage play of up to ten pages
- A sample film of up to ten minutes
- 10 photographs
- 5-10 visual arts works (drawings, paintings, sculpture, digital imaging)
- 2 samples of short fiction, critical/expository writing, or nonfiction narrative (max 10 pages)
- A written treatment (1-2 pages) and/or verbal pitch on video (1-2 minutes) of an original story idea you would like to see made into a film. A treatment is simply an overview of the story, written in a short, straight-forward style. A pitch is a verbal telling of the story. Both should answer these basic questions: What is the story about? Who are the main characters? What are the conflicts? What type of film is it? How does it end?