- Creative Samples: Submit one to three samples from the following categories:
- A screenplay or stage play excerpt of up to 10 pages
- A sample film of up to 10 minutes
- Up to 10 photographs
- Up to 10 visual arts works (drawings, paintings, sculpture, digital imaging)
- 2 pieces of short fiction, critical/expository writing, or nonfiction narrative up to 10 pages
- Inventory Sheet: Create a document that includes the details of your role, title, location, date, mediums, size etc. for all creative samples in your portfolio (#1).
As a complement to the portfolio presentation, the Director of Film and New Media may request to schedule a meeting to discuss your creative pieces and overall candidacy to the program.
How to Submit your Materials:
Applicants are required to submit their portfolios digitally as a part of the application process.
We highly encourage all applicants to plan a campus visit! The schedule may include a meeting with our Director of Film and New Media, a full tour of campus including the DeRoy Center for Film Studies and attached residence hall, an opportunity to meet and interact with current students, and a chance to observe classes in session. Plan your campus visit.