Affording Interlochen Arts Academy
We are committed to providing access to Interlochen's world-renowned education to every admitted student. Annually, nearly $13 million dollars in institutional grant funding is awarded through our financial aid application process. Interlochen awards financial aid to students based on need, and on merit. All available funding is used to make sure every admitted student has a chance to attend the Arts Academy. In order to be considered for any financial aid, families must apply. Interlochen encourages all families to complete a FAST application, and we are here to provide support throughout the process.
NEW Families: Financial Aid Process
Start the Online Application for Admission and indicate "yes" to applying for financial aid.
- Start and submit the FAST Application for Financial Aid.
- Submit required documents by Decision Period deadlines (below):
- U.S. and Canadian Residents:
- Full federal income tax forms for 2017 and 2018*, including all supporting schedules and W-2s
- Non-U.S. or Non-Canadian Residents:
- Families from outside the United States or Canada must submit an official letter, in English, from the employer of each parent/guardian that verifies employment, current salary, and other compensation.
RETURNING Families: Financial Aid Process
- Submit the FAST application for financial aid
- 2017 Federal Tax forms and W2s (U.S. and Canadian residents only)
- Employment/income verification (Non-U.S. or Non-Canadian residents only)
- 2018 Federal Tax forms and W2s (U.S. and Canadian residents only)
- Concerns regarding '2018'? Contact email@example.com
Follow Admission Application Decision Periods:
- Early Decision: Please submit the FAST application along with all required documents by November 15, 2018.
- Note: 2018* taxes are not required
- Regular Decision: Please submit the FAST application along with all required documents by February 1, 2019.
- Note: 2018* taxes must be submitted no later than March 1, 2019 for new and returning families.
- Spring Decision: Please submit the FAST application with all required documents by May 1, 2019.
- Rolling Admission: Applications received after May 1 will be reviewed on a rolling basis as space and funding permits.
Additional Information & Guidance
Financial Aid and School Tuition (FAST)
Interlochen Arts Academy partners with Financial Aid and School Tuition (FAST) to process financial aid requests. There is an application fee to process the application. Fee waivers/vouchers are not available.
- Mail Hardcopies. This is the best and easiest way to submit your documents. Please be sure to plan ahead so your documents are received by FAST ahead of any deadlines.
- Mailing Address: Independent School Management, ATTN: FAST Processing Center, 1316 North Union Street, Wilmington, DE 19806
- Scan Documents. FAST will accept documents scanned into their system using a tool within the application.
- Please note FAST does not accept documents via email, fax, or file upload.
- FAST Worksheet
Use this worksheet as a guide when gathering financial information as it contains a listing of the questions asked by FAST.
- FAST Family User Guide
- FAST Help Center and Frequently Asked Questions
Additional Sources of Funding
Outside of Interlochen's financial aid budget, scholarship opportunities are very rare for secondary education. Many families have found success with various fundraising efforts within their local community and family/friends, through various social media/crowdfunding sites, or securing a private loan. Please note that Interlochen does not offer private tuition loans.
The FAST application will open October 1, 2018. If you are applying for financial aid, the application for financial aid must be submitted concurrently with the application for admission as the admission notification and the financial aid package are issued at the same time. Please see the How to Apply page for decision periods and deadlines.
Interlochen Financial Aid Policies
In order to be considered for any amount of financial assistance, families must submit a FAST application along with required documents by the stated deadlines.
All parents/guardians must participate in the financial aid process. Please contact our Senior Assistant Director of Admission & Financial Aid with any questions: Catherine Creighton, firstname.lastname@example.org
Tuition and Post-Enrollment Payment Options
Please see our Tuition and Payment Options page for more details.
Other questions, we are here to help: email@example.com