Four year senior Sasha Manzetti as Quasimodo in the 2018-19 Interlochen Arts Academy Theatre Division production of The Hunchback of Notre Dame.
The Interlochen Arts Academy Theatre Division is pleased to announce the plays and musicals that will be performed during the 2019-20 academic year.
Interlochen Arts Academy theatre faculty will direct six different titles, ranging from a Shakespeare classic to a contemporary Broadway hit. In addition to the faculty-led productions, Arts Academy actors will participate in the annual, student-directed one-act festival.
“Through these productions, our students will have the opportunity to study a variety of theatrical forms and explore timely themes such as gender roles, the relationship between humans and the divine, and the refugee crisis,” said Director of Theatre Bill Church. “While seemingly unrelated, the selections are united by a thematic throughline of identity and the quest of self-discovery.”
During the 2019-20 season, Interlochen Arts Academy will also launch an official partnership with the Traverse City-based Parallel 45 Theatre. More details on this exciting collaboration will be available soon.
The 2019-20 theatre titles are:
- The Lark by Jean Anouilh | Directed by Laura Mittelstaedt
- Anon(ymous) by Naomi Iizuka | Directed by Christine Marie Brown
- Roald Dahl’s Matilda: The Musical | Book by Dennis Kelly | Music and lyrics by Tim Minchin | Directed by Gulshirin Dubash
- Men on Boats by Jaclyn Backhaus | Directed by Bill Church
- As You Like It by William Shakespeare | Directed by Andy McGinn
- A Chorus Line | Book by Nicholas Dante and James Kirkwood, Jr. | Music by Marvin Hamlisch | Lyrics by Edward Kleban | Directed by Matthew Lindstrom
Want to be a part of these shows? Learn more about our Arts Academy theatre program. More information about each of these performances, including ticketing information, will be available at a later date.